How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer? Pro Guide
For outstanding sound, cars need to have subwoofers. The subwoofer receives audio signals that the amplifiers have amplified. So how much does it cost to install a subwoofer? Nowadays, installing subs in vehicles is standard practice. We must examine many aspects to comprehend the entire cost of subwoofer installation.
You may use these to understand the installation costs better and make more informed selections.
- 1. How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer
- 2. How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer And Amp
- 3. How Much Does A Full Car Sound System Cost
- 4. How Much Does It Cost To Replace Car Speakers
- 5. How To Install A Car Subwoofer Cheaply
- 6. How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer
Despite installation prices for subs of comparable size, the equipment class and quality you pick have a significant impact on the real cost:
Budget subwoofers cost between $60 and $80 to install. These subs are available for less than $100. Even though they are frequently built with materials of average quality, they can nonetheless produce a good sound.
Subwoofers In The Midrange
Mid-range subwoofers typically range in price from $100 to $300. They provide a higher level of quality than inexpensive subwoofers but fall short of expensive models. Mid-range subwoofer installation fees range from $80 to $120.
Depending on the specific model, high-end subwoofer installation costs range from $120 to $200. Premium subs cost more than $300. The most powerful ones provide the deepest, highest-quality bass, but they’re still the priciest.
Active (Powered) Subwoofers
Active subwoofers are the least expensive to install since they combine the amplifier and woofer into a single device, eliminating the need for additional wiring. Powered sub-installation fees range from $60 to $100.
How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer And Amp
In 2022, installing a sub will run about $100, according to Auto Market Analysis. The amplifier, subwoofer, and wiring setup are included in the package. The price might go to $300 for challenging installations or sophisticated configurations. Amps and subwoofers are not included and must be purchased individually.
It is smart to get the entire setup from a store that includes the cost of installation. A subwoofer can cost as little as $40. The total price might easily range from $100 to $500 depending on where it was purchased.
The cost of a Subwoofer
How Much Does A Full Car Sound System Cost
Your budget, the parts you choose, and the store where you buy your audio system will all affect how much does it cost to install a woofer and a high-quality car audio system.
Your sound system’s receiver, often known as the head unit, may be the most crucial component because it impacts the other components. A high-quality receiver that fits your budget will run you about $120 (since 2010), and your audio dealer may suggest a $200 receiver. However, recipients may surpass $1,000.
Instead of relying just on the inbuilt amplifier of your car audio, an external amplifier can significantly boost sound quality and power. As of 2010, high-quality amplifiers cost between $200 and $450 more.
As of 2010, a single powerful, affordable sub costs $70. Since most people buy two, two reasonably priced “subs” would cost about $140 without needing an enclosure. For $800 and above, you can also buy a considerably more potent subwoofer. You may build the box for the sub yourself or spend under $30 on a used enclosure.
The speakers on your automobile might need to be upgraded, especially if it’s an older model. However, for the sound of good quality, it is not always necessary. For $70 or $100, you may replace the speakers in your car, or for $800, you can get a full-part speaker system with crossovers, tweeters, and subwoofers.
For $400 to $500, you can acquire a premium, cost-effective car audio system. A better automotive audio system costs roughly $1000 if you’ve had a little extra cash to invest. Of course, you might spend significantly more on car sound and have a system that costs several thousand dollars.
Cost-effective Car Audio
How Much Does It Cost To Replace Car Speakers
Turning up your system seems like a smart idea while listening to a terrific song. For one speaker to be installed, large stores normally charge about $65 plus speaker costs, so that the cost will vary depending on the caliber of your audio system and the degree of the damage.
Before installing any component of the automobile audio, this is the most frequent question we all have. This question’s solution is more complicated than it first appears. Before selecting whether to do it yourself or hire a contractor to install the sub, you must consider several things.
Before choosing a choice, you must address a few crucial questions:
- How sure are you that you can put a subwoofer in a car?
- Do you get all the necessary tools and supplies for the job?
- Are you prepared to have the installation on your car damaged when it is installed?
It is usually better to engage a professional if you gave either of these questions a “no” response. There are various benefits to hiring a qualified installer:
- They can correctly install your woofer because they are skilled and knowledgeable.
- They have the equipment and tools required.
- If something goes wrong, they will provide a warranty for their work.
Depending on where you live, having a professional installer can cost anywhere between $60 and $200 for most subwoofer kinds. Although installing a woofer yourself could save you some money, it is not advised unless you are sure of your abilities and have all the required materials.
If you’re handy, you might be capable of replacing the blown speaker on your own to avoid paying the installation price. Try these DIY suggestions before you head to the repair shop:
- Check the settings on your sound system. Verify the treble and bass settings. You may have accidentally adjusted your equalizer knobs if the sound still is coming from your speakers.
- To inspect your speaker, use an electric meter. Start by removing the speaker from the amplifier that you believe is blown. Connect a multimeter to its terminals to determine whether the speaker’s resistance (ohms) will be within a normal range.
You may get another issue with your car’s sound system if the speaker’s ohm reading seems normal, but the speaker is still functioning.
How To Install A Car Subwoofer Cheaply
Everyone wants to save money, and installing the car subwoofer will be no exception. If you can get the identical thing for $100, why would you pay $200 for it? You can cut costs on woofer installation in several ways:
Self-Installation Of The Subwoofer
If you have the necessary knowledge and equipment, you may install the subwoofer alone and avoid paying a contractor.
Consult With A Friend Or Neighbor
Ask a friend who is knowledgeable about automotive audio systems to assist you. He might be able to perform it for nothing or a lot less money than a specialist.
Compare pricing after requesting estimates from several installers in your neighborhood. You might uncover a less expensive solution if you search long and hard enough.
Look At Several Car Audio Stores
Installing a subwoofer may be less expensive if done by one of the many auto audio stores than by a qualified installer. Even if you purchase a sub from BestBuy, you can still save money by employing their installation service.
How Much Does It Cost To Install A Subwoofer: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Walmart Install Subwoofers?
Walmart partners with Installer Net to sell and install car stereos for various vehicles. Only certain automobile radio models can be installed. You can order car audio through the Walmart website and arrange for setup time.
Can You Install A Subwoofer To A Stock Radio?
Here are two methods for adding an amp and sub to your factory-installed system:
It’s been the attempted technique for adding bass systems to OEM stereos. A small converter with RCA inputs connecting your speaker wires. Your subwoofers won’t produce the same quality as an aftermarket radio.
The stereo isn’t getting the right amount of “juice” because you aren’t increasing its voltage. Even still, unless you have a careful ear like mine, it sounds good.
An Out-To-Line Converter
Like a hi-low converter on steroids, a line-out converter converts audio signals. In computer-speak: It transforms speaker level signals into high-quality preamp signals that may be fed into an amplifier by taking the amplified speaker level signals. For us, it simply means receiving fantastic sound while retaining your stock stereo and controls.
How To Install Active Subwoofer?
Here is a summary of the fundamental actions required to get satisfying bass in your car:
- For a solid beginning, ensure you have a low-pass crossover and an amplifier with sufficient power. A high-quality subwoofer speaker or box is required. Don’t forget the tools, speaker cable, and wiring kit. Saving time and money with amp wiring kits.
- Install the amplifier by securely routing and hiding the positive and negative wires. Put a fuse next to the battery. And then connecting the ground amp to the car’s body using bare metal. Connect the remote line to the stereo’s +12V accessory remote wire.
- Place in the car and connect the amplifier with a sturdy cable. Use strong screws to mount the woofer firmly in the box. Add a grill on the cone for protection. For extra power, connect the amplifier in bridge mode.
- Use speaker level inputs or a speaker level adapter to the amp if available when using a factory stereo. Connect the signal source to the back or sub-RCA jacks on an aftermarket radio. Tap off the rear speaker wires if they are accessible.
- With familiar music playing at a moderate volume, adjust the gain and crossover until just the bass is audible. Adjust the amp gain until the bass level is appropriate. Enjoy!
Watch the video to learn more information:
How much does it cost to install a subwoofer? The type of subwoofer and the complexities of the automobile audio system affect how much it costs to install. Most sub installations cost between $60 to $200. The least expensive subwoofers to install are active subwoofers because they have amplifiers built in.
The easiest approach to determine the exact price of putting a woofer into your automobile is to speak with experienced installers and obtain various bids. There are many benefits to hiring a professional installer, including access to tools, experience, and warranties.